For 150 years, the responsible treatment of nature has been a guiding principle in the thoughts and actions of Zimmerli of Switzerland. What is today at best a trend in the fashion industry, lives the company already since its founding in 1871: no-waste, local sourcing and environmentally friendly production of the finest lingerie from natural materials.
The World's finest Underwear - that's what Zimmerli of Switzerland has stood for for 150 years. Since its founding by Pauline Zimmerli in 1871, sustainability has been an integral part of the company's DNA. Based on carefully selected materials from local suppliers, all styles are handcrafted, making them unique icons that will bring a lifetime of pleasure.
No-waste and slow fashion
Did you know that Zimmerli of Switzerland produces collections only once, making a significant contribution to the no-waste principle?
At Zimmerli of Switzerland, even the look of the collections is inspired by nature: the latest spring/summer collection has the theme "Ocean Meadows."
Zimmerli of Switzerland has focused on quality over quantity since its inception: sustainable and fine rather than cheap and abundant. Through careful planning based on 150 years of experience and long-standing trade partnerships, the manufactory produces according to demand. The goal is that every item produced is sold. However, there is a small catch: if customers wait too long, an item may already be sold out. Also in the spirit of slow fashion, Zimmerli of Switzerland does not constantly create new collections. For matching styles to the seasons, two seasonal collections are produced per year. Not to be worn only 6 months but in every coming summer or winter again. The handmade styles and thus unique pieces of Zimmerli of Switzerland should give a lifetime of pleasure – for customers and thus also for nature.
Local sourcing and transparency
Zimmerli of Switzerland has lived and loved its closeness to nature for 150 years and transfers this to its underwear, nightwear and loungewear. A key pillar in the sustainability strategy is the personal relationship with local partners. All fabrics are developed with local suppliers who are strictly certified according to environmental and social practices. This creates transparency from yarn to collection. More than 80 percent of the added value is generated in Switzerland. Transparency, strict certified control and the short transport routes sustainably protect the environment.
Visit at the local knitting factory on Lake Constance in Switzerland, Zimmerli of Switzerland's partner for the classic products Richelieu and Royal Classic. Know-how passed down through generations.
Made in Switzerland: Zimmerli of Switzerland's own and local sewing factory in Ticino, southern Switzerland.
Fine underwear made from organic fabrics
Zimmerli of Switzerland deliberately relies on organic materials. Around 90 percent of the selected fibers are natural. Only the choicest fibers from certified farms make it into the selection, so that the requirement of the world's finest underwear can be met. For the remaining 10 percent synthetic fibers, which are used especially for lace and cuffs, alternatives are constantly being tested.
At Zimmerli of Switzerland, we work with natural fabrics that are guaranteed to be free of harmful substances – and meet the standards of the finest underwear, nightwear and loungewear in the world.